I’m a huge fan of streaming video as most people are. We have so many options to stream entertainment such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO GO, and more.
There is almost no need to pay for a separate cable bill. Years ago, Netflix streamed fitness videos but have since stopped that feature due to some type of licensing issues and it has never returned.
Quite a bummer for those who liked the convenience of working out at home.
There are still alternatives out there with the emergence of fitness companies adding streaming fitness videos to their services.
There are some pretty good options, some of which are completely free. Here’s a short list of places to stream exercise videos online:
- YouTube – I really like using YouTube when I want to find a quick workout. There are tons of fitness channels you can subscribe to. Some of my favorites include Tony Horton’s channel, Turbulence Training, Six-Pack Shortcuts, and Scooby. You can find cardio workouts, weight training, circuit training, and even Yoga.
- Amazon – If you have the Amazon Prime membership, you also have access to the Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial. They have various workout videos available to stream such as kickboxing, Samba, aerobics, and Yoga.
- GaimTV – This website is a great resource for Yoga practitioners. They also have videos on meditation, Tai Chi, Pilates & Dance, and more.
- StreamFIT – This streaming fitness video service is operated by Men’s Health magazine. Although it seems to cater to men, I think the exercises are suited to any gender. It’s put together really well and you have the option to customize your workouts. For example, you can select “legs” and “basic equipment” and you will only see video selections for those options.
- Beachbody – I have been using Beachbody programs for years to include P90, P90X, and Les Mills Combat to name a few. It started back when I became an independent distributor of the company. Since then I have been a fan of their home fitness programs. Up until now you could only purchase the programs on DVD. Now, when you join the Team Beachbody Club online (quarterly fee), you have access to Beachbody on demand. You can instantly stream their most popular fitness videos such as:
- Brazil Butt Lift
- P90X, P90X2, P90X3
- ChaLEAN Extreme
- Hip Hop Abs
- 10-Minute Trainer
- P90X One-on-One, P90X One On One Volume 2
- INSANITY: The Asylum, INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2
- Tai Cheng
- plus workouts from: 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix EXTREME, FOCUS T25, PiYo, INSANITY: Max 30, Body Beast, Slim in 6, and P90.
Stream Fitness Anywhere You Have an Internet Connection
Up until recently, the only way to use these programs was to purchase the DVD sets (and you still can.) Now you have immediate access to stream popular fitness programs anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection.
That means you can stream on a laptop, tablet, smart phone, or stream from your television. That makes it super convenient if you want to workout in another room, basement, or garage that doesn’t have a dvd player hook up. As long as you can stream over a wifi connection or have a direct ethernet connection, you’re good to go.
What if I Travel A Lot and Have No Gym Equipment?
If you travel a lot and don’t have access to a gym, you have a gym with you everywhere you go so long as you can stream from a mobile device, tablet, or laptop. There is no worry about having access to free weights like dumbbells. Many of the Beachbody fitness programs don’t require any equipment. You can use your own bodyweight even in a small space like a hotel room. The programs are designed for being done in the home so you won’t need a large amount of space. You can also find bodyweight only workouts on YouTube.
Do you stream exercise videos? What services do you use?