If you are not familiar with who Herschel Walker is, he is a former football player (regarded as one of the top college running backs of all time) and was also awarded the Heisman Trophy in 1982.
He has played in the NFL for the Dallas Cowboys, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles and the New York Giants. Herschel is also a mixed martial artist and has been signed by MMA promotion Strikeforce to compete in their heavyweight division.
Since I don't really follow football, I hadn't really heard of Herschel Walker until he was a contestant on Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice. I came across an article which talks about his diet and fitness program. It is probably not what you are thinking. I know I was surprised when I read about his diet and workouts. Here is how it breaks down:
- Does not train with free-weights
- Uses bodyweight exercises, calisthenics, and conditioning, as well as martial arts training
- Performs 750-1,000 push-ups daily
- 2,000+ sit-ups daily
- Skips breakfast
- Trains for martial arts which includes wrestling, kickboxing, sparring and jujitsu
- Dinner is the only meal consumed which consists of salad, soup, and bread
- He is a vegetarian
- Sleeps four hours a night
Walker stated in an in-studio interview during BaD Radio on August 23, 2010 that he still performs 3,500 sit-ups and 1,000 push ups every day. He has been going through this same routine since high school.
His routine is definitely unique and not one that the average person would follow. Most advice says to consume plenty of protein, add a variety of exercises, get plenty of sleep and recovery. However, I do find his diet and workouts fascinating and it obviously works well for him.
Sale Price: $49.85
You save: $59.95 (55%)