Most of us lead extremely busy lives. I don’t have a family to tend to and I still find it difficult to squeeze in extra time to do much of anything. I have three jobs (1 full-time and 2 part-time.) I don’t need to be that busy but that is for another blog post. All of my jobs don’t require much movement. I sit a majority of time for all of them.
All of that sitting has led to weight gain. I barely have time to devote to exercise in between jobs. I had to figure out how to put in the most effort in the least amount of time. I have always been a fan of bodyweight exercises, which is what led me to purchase a set of FitDeck Bodyweight cards.
I needed to make exercise simple and convenient. I have been utilizing these cards for about two weeks now. What I enjoy most about them is:
- Super convenient – take these cards everywhere
- No equipment necessary – your bodyweight is your resistance
- Every workout is different – shuffle the deck and have fun
- Inexpensive – one of the cheapest workouts you’ll find
How I use the FitDeck Bodyweight cards varies. Since my work requires sitting at my desk at home, I pull a card from the deck every 10 minutes or so and complete that exercise. Time flies that way and I fit in exercise while working.
I also devote time to use the cards every day. I promise myself to use at least 15 – 20 cards a day. Each card represents about 1 minute. If I can get in at least 20 minutes of bodyweight exercise, I feel accomplished. I will eventually work my way up to 30 – 45 minutes.
Other Ways to Simplify Your Workouts
When you’re pressed for time, make the best with what you’ve got. Here are some ideas that may or may not work, depending on your situation. But hopefully, they may generate some ideas:
- Use short but effective workouts such as Turbulence Training
- Learn how to use kettlebells
- Interval train on exercise equipment (treadmills, elliptical machine)
- Pick three exercises to do each day back-to-back (ex: push-ups, lunges, squats)
I feel that bodyweight routines are the best way to simplify workouts. You can’t get any simpler than using your own body as resistance. What are some ways you fit in a workout?