Fibroids in the uterus are quite common among all women in the age group of 14-50 today. These are non-cancerous tumours that occur in your uterus. There are many reasons that may contribute to the formation of uterine fibroids. Uterine fibroids can occur both inside and outside the uterus. They may form within the muscles or just hand in the uterus. They also vary in size and can be both large and microscopic. The problem with fibroids is that there may be very few noticeable symptoms that can make you aware that you are suffering from them.
Some of these symptoms that indicate you may be suffering from fibroids are:-
- Excessive menstrual bleeding
- Prolonged periods
- Pain in the pelvic area
- Bladder problems
- Lower back pains
Though uterine fibroids are non-cancerous and not dangerous in nature, they can cause you pain and complications, especially if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. They are medicinal treatments for this but you can also resort to completely natural remedies for best homely treatment.
Know about these homely remedies of uterine fibroids.
- Avoid food products that worsen fibroids and eat those which reduce them-
- Stay away from red meat, high-fat and processed meats, and trans-fats contained in sausages and hamburgers.
- Try to eat less meat and more of plant protein.
- Processed foods should absolutely not be taken because they contain additives that can cause further inflammation of the fibroids.
- Non-organic dairy products also affect your hormonal levels and increase the growth of fibroids.
- Also try to stay away from alcohol and refined sugar that cause increase in weight and hormonal imbalance, and refined carbohydrates that increase your insulin levels. All these factors contribute to worsening your fibroids.
- Eat organic foods to reduce your fibroids. They contain less of chemicals that can trigger heightening of your oestrogen levels. Hormonal balance is really needed to naturally reduce uterine fibroids.
- Eat a lot of green leafy vegetables and those rich in Vitamin K. It helps to control heavy menstrual bleeding and also have anti-inflammatory properties.
- You should include cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, tomato and cabbage in your diet because they take care of your liver and manage your oestrogen levels. Their antioxidant contents reduce the inflammation of the fibroids.
- Eat beta-carotene rich foods like carrot, kale, spinach and sweet potatoes because on digestion, they turn into vitamin A and promote the growth of healthy tissues which are good for the natural treatment of fibroids.
- Massage essential oils-
Thyme and frankincense oils are known to be very well for naturally treating fibroids. Mix a few drops of these essential oils with carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil and massage on your lower abdomen daily.
- Castor Oil Pack-
Castor oil is good for your circulatory system and promotes the growth of lymphocytes in the body which fights diseases and harmful toxins. Elimination of these toxins helps great in the treatment of fibroids in the uterus. Ricinoleic acid in castor oil has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the size of the fibroids and cures pain. You can dip a wool flannel or towel in castor oil and place it on the lower abdomen area and put a plastic wrap over it. Above it, you can put a hot water bottle covered in an old towel and keep it on for an hour. Follow this procedure for thrice or four times weekly and this will treat your fibroids very soon.
However, do not try this procedure during your periods or if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Dandelion roots
Often it so happens that if your liver functioning is impaired, it leads to excessive storage of hormones in the body which may lead to fibroid formation. Dandelion roots naturally detoxify the liver and removes excess hormones like oestrogen from the system. You can boil dandelion roots in a pan of water, cool it and drink this concoction every day for three months.
- Green Tea
Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is a compound present in green tea along with antioxidants which help in the treatment of uterine fibroids by killing the cells. Green tea is highly anti-inflammatory and reduces the size of the uterine fibroids and gets them treated over time naturally. Drink two cups of green tea every day for best effects.
You may also have interest to read about the best foods that shrink fibroids fast.
- Avoid exposure to environmental toxins-
You should keep away from chemical products like pesticides, food preservatives, bleach and food dyes because they affect your hormonal levels and can adversely affect the fibroids in your uterus.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle along with proper exercise keeps your hormonal levels healthy, controls your blood pressure, improves sensitivity to insulin and also helps to maintain weight. All these factors contribute to natural treatment and prevention of uterine fibroids.