Nothing starts your day off like a good breakfast, but how important is breakfast? When you break down the word “break” and “fast” – you are breaking a fast. Your body is fasting during the night while you are asleep. Therefore, it is important to fuel your body with a healthy breakfast. Some of the benefits of eating breakfast every morning include:
- Less likely to become obese
- Less likely to have blood sugar problems
- Helps stabilize blood sugar levels which regulate appetite and energy
- Less likely to be hungry during the day (reduces overeating)
- Boosts your metablolism
- Improves concentration and mental performance
Of course this doesn’t mean waking up and eating donuts or a bowl of sugary cereal. A good breakfast should consist of protein, fiber, and complex carbohydrates. I usually eat a bowl of Kellogg’s All Bran Cereal to start off my day as well as juicing up some carrots, apple, and ginger to drink. If I don’t fit in breakfast I almost always overeat at lunch and I tend to feel really sluggish all morning. If you haven’t already, try to make breakfast a habit. You’ll definitely notice an improvement in your day.