If there is one thing that is certain, you can have the best exercise program and follow it diligently, but you will not lose body fat if you continue to eat junk. Your diet is the number one thing you need to adjust when you're trying to drop fat. That is why it is so difficult for many people to lose body fat because we don't educate ourselves on the proper foods to eat.
Although it seems like common sense, many of us don't stop to think of the right things to put into our bodies. It is easy to give in and take the fast food route or to choose processed foods or foods high in fat.
So what should we eat?
- Choose natural foods
- Eat more foods high in fiber
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Increase your protein intake (helps to maintain lean muscle)
- Eat smaller meals more frequently (6 smaller meals helps to increase metabolism)
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat the good fats (monounsaturated, polyunsaturated)
Keep this in mind: Eat food to fuel your body.
If you're interested in burning fat the natural way - without supplements, without drugs and without screwing up your metabolism, then this could be the most important book you will ever read...
Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto (Lifetime-Natural Bodybuilder, Personal Trainer, and Nutritionist)