I was at my parent's house today when I noticed on the coffee table the October issue of Men's Health. On the cover was actor Jason Statham who is known for his roles in the Transporter movies as well as other action movies like Crank and the upcoming War with Jet Li. Like with most celebrities, I was curious to find out what type of workout he does as well as his diet.
17 Pounds in 6 Weeks
The article starts off with Jason talking about some extra weight he accumulated and the way he looks now which is basically ripped - chest, abs, etc. With his current workout and diet, he managed to lose 17 pounds in 6 weeks. Let's take a quick look at how he achieved this:
Workouts consists of:
- 6 days a week for 35 minutes a day (Sunday is rest day)
- Saturdays are 1 hour trail runs
- 10 minute warm-up utilizing a rowing machine
- 10 minute medium intensity (light weight circuit, kettlebells, medicine ball throws)
- Interval training - the final stage
- Keep notes of every workout in a journal
Diet consists of:
- 2000 calories per day
- No refined sugar, flour, fruit juices, or alcohol
- Six small meals per day
- Tries to drink 1 1/2 gallon of water per day
- Writes down every meal in a journal
Not surprising is that Statham says the rapid weight loss had mostly to do with his eating habits. I also found it interesting that he logs everything from his workouts to what he eats in journals. The benefits are that he can tell when he's slacking off or improving in his workouts and the food journal I'm sure helps him avoid unhealthy foods.
While his routine is not for everyone, it does show what can be accomplished with some discipline. Working out six days a week can be tough as well as eating six small meals per day. What is cool about his workout is that the bulk of it involves interval training. He says that no workout repeats (for the most part) keeping it fun as well as challenging.
Statham's Secrets of Superlean
Sale Price: $259.99
You save: $289.01 (53%)