If you are familiar with Beachbody®, then you have probably heard of their ultra-premium nutritional shake, Shakeology®. One of the products that I decided to try out after becoming an independent distributor of Beachbody (the company that created Shakeology) was their newest called .
It is not a protein shake (although it does contain whey protein) but rather a healthy meal in a glass. You are probably familiar with other products that you can mix or drink that contain your daily servings of vegetables, etc., that is what Shakeology® is like but so much better.
Easy Shakeology Recipe
Are you wondering how you make at home? Using a blender makes for the best consistency and allows you to blend up whatever your favorite ingredients are. Check out a simple recipe in the video below:
Here is why I like Shakeology so far:
- It tastes good! – I’ve tried other products and most protein shakes are ok but still have a weird after taste in my opinion. The all vegetable powder drinks are usually tolerable but still bitter tasting. Shakeology tastes like a chocolate shake and I don’t mind drinking it.
- The ingredients – The ingredients are awesome. It has all of the vitamins you would normally find in a multivitamin and it has a super-fruit blend that has all of the antioxidant goodness that our bodies need. The ingredients are derived from whole food sources. I can’t even go over all of the ingredients. for product details from Beachbody
- Meal replacement heaven – Not everyone is into replacing their meals but some people either do it to help with weight loss or as a meal on the go when in a time crunch.
- Reduce hunger and cravings – I have a bad sweet tooth and when I drink this as a dessert replacement, I reach out less for something sweet after a meal. I also don’t feel like I’m starving by the time lunch or dinner rolls around.
- Recipes – There are tons of recipes for both flavors of shakes. My favorite is simple: chocolate Shakeology and peanut butter (or almond butter.) It tastes like a chocolate peanut butter candy bar.
I drink my daily with almond milk blended with frozen strawberries. I was skeptical at first because I know how most powdered health beverages are. However, this one really did blow me away in flavor and ingredients. Here are a few more tidbits about it:
- Gluten free and caffeine free
- No refined sugars or artificial sweeteners
- Provides health-supporting chlorophylls, polyphenols, prebiotics, and proanthocyanins
- 90 day study (as a meal replacement) average weight loss: 10 lbs., reduced risk for heart disease and other degenerative diseases, lowered cholesterol on average by 30% and even up to 70%, healthier skin, hair, and nails
Where Shakeology Ingredients Come From
Watch the video below to learn where Darin Olien (Shakeology co-creator) sources ingredients for Shakeology.
for product details from Team Beachbody®
Things to keep in mind:
- Not everyone likes the flavor (however, I can vouch for the chocolate)
- It tastes much better blended with ice and your choice of beverage (water, milk, soy milk, etc.)
- If you try it and like it, I recommend getting it on . You’ll get free shipping every month and you won’t worry about running out.
- Price – it may be an issue for most, however, if you break down a 30-day supply it averages out to about $3 – $4 a shake. Considering what is in it, it’s a great value. Most store bought smoothies cost the same or more and don’t have nearly any of the same ingredients.
- Bottom-of-the-Bag Guarantee – You have it. If you’re not satisfied, return it for a refund (less s&h), even if the bag is empty! Now that is even more of a reason to try it.
- Not ready to commit to a whole bag? Try the pack.
So whether or not you have already heard of this shake, I recommend trying it for yourself. I can say that the chocolate is really good. I have yet to try the other flavor (Greenberry.)
Update: I have finally tried Greenberry and it is a good flavor to blend with citrus fruit. I am staying loyal to my chocolate though – that is just the chocoholic in me! 🙂
to learn more about Shakeology from the Team Beachbody Web site.