I’m currently in the process of figuring out what to get my dad for Father’s Day (June 19th). It should be easy for me because my dad has been a bodybuilder for years. He is very much into health and fitness. He is in his early 60’s and doesn’t look his age at all. He is proof that exercise can turn back the clock.
Yet, I still struggle with finding him cool gifts so I’m making my list below of possible Father’s Day gifts. Maybe it may help you out as well if you’re father is fitness minded or you would like him to be.
1. FitDeck Bodyweight – I never did get around to ordering these for myself but I’m sure it would make a nice gift. It’s a deck of cards, each card with one bodyweight exercise on them. You can get in a good workout anywhere, without any equipment.
2. Men’s Health (1-year auto-renewal) – My dad likes to read a lot of fitness magazines, Men’s Health being one of them. He used to subscribe but I’m pretty sure he let the subscription run out.
3. Georges St. Pierre Rushfit: Strength & Endurance Workout – My dad is an MMA fan and enjoys trying out new workouts. He has P90X and Insanity so I’m sure he’d enjoy this workout by UFC fighter, Georges St. Pierre.
4. Gymboss Interval Timer – I have one of these and kept telling my dad he should get one. This is probably high up on my list, along with the FitDeck cards.
5. TRX Pro Pack + Door Anchor – I think my dad would really enjoy the TRX, especially when my parents go on vacation. They both could use it to get in a good workout. They usually vacation to the Philippines so I’m sure they could rig it up outdoors.
I’m leaning towards numbers 1 and 4. Number 5 may be a birthday present as that is the following month.
photo credit: sxc.hu