Extreme workouts can push you to your limits. They are extremely challenging but can also be a lot of fun. They are definitely not meant for everyone but there are those who like doing these types of workouts. You can use them to burn up a lot of calories, lose weight, change up your usual routine, break through a plateau, or simply as a way to push yourself to another level.
Below are some extreme workouts that will challenge and push you beyond your limits:
1. – This workout program is geared toward police, military, martial artists, and professional athletes. However, it has caught on for many people who use the program to get into peak physical condition. If you visit their web site, they post up daily routines and videos. There may also be a CrossFit program in your area.
2. – The “X” in the name stands for extreme and it can be for many people. This program is popular for its “muscle confusion” technique which prevents the plateau many people experience in either weight loss or strength gains. Many people have become fanatics with this program and for good reason – they got results. You can search YouTube for P90X results and find tons of testimonials.
3. – This program is produced by the same company that produced P90X (Beachbody), yet it is the exact opposite. Unlike P90X where you use dumbbells or elastic bands for resistance, Insanity only requires your own body weight. It is based on interval training which is great if you are more of a cardio fan.
4. – Not something I would personally do but I still consider quite extreme. You have probably seen Parkour before where people run and jump over obstacles like walls, fences, benches, or whatever happens to be in the way. It requires a lot of strength, balance, and spatial awareness. It isn’t all about doing cool stunts, however, it does look amazing when watching someone who is very good at it.
5. – I was able to a few years ago. The Navy SEALs are some of the most physically fit individuals around and that is because fitness is priority during their training. If you want to challenge yourself, then this is one way to do it.
6. – I wouldn’t have thought you could get extreme with yoga, although I must admit, yoga can get you sweating like you’ve ran for 5 miles. Most power yoga classes can vary quit a bit because there are no set poses to follow. It focuses more on strength and flexibility. Unlike a typical yoga class, power yoga doesn’t involve as much chanting and meditation. [Source: ]
What are some extreme workouts you have tried?